Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Nick_Ch8_Montfort_I

"What is important to realize is that while there are such things as 'games' and 'stories,' many new media artifacts are neither of these, but employ elements from both." (p. 311)

This is essentially what I have been saying through out this whole book. I think most of these authors have been trying to examine nitches, which are admittedly very important, but I think they seem to be missing the big picture. Everything here is so new that I think we must examine the larger picture and not narrow it done and pigeon hole any of these new technologies in to one or two limiting categories. That is my big idea for this whole book, while all of this is important I think we must not try to limit or simplify any of these new media.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home